IELTS Writing: Part 2 Essay
(Academic and General)
The second part of the writing exam is identical for both academic IELTS
exam and general IELTS exam , and candidates are assessed according to exactly the same
criteria. The task requires candidates to write an essay of over 250 words in 40 minutes.
How to Score well
- Clearly understand the requirements of
- Able to paraphrase key words in the task
- Able to correctly structure your answer
(few test-takers do this well!)
- Able to use language to accurately and
precisely describe the opinion or argument you are presenting.
- Able to vary grammatical structures and
control grammar for accuracy.
In order to understand the types of essays more fully you should go to
the page for each type of essay which are: IELTS
argumentative essay, IELTS Both sides and opinion essay, and